Slow down, breathe easy, make a poem of your life. Don't let life rush by; reflect. Look for beauty and rejuvenate your soul.

Friday 17 June 2011

Transformation

I think this has been the longest period I have had away from my blog since I began it and I apologise for my absence. That said I don't want to get into the habit of beginning blog posts with apologies and excuses.
I have been in overwhelm of late, a continuation of my personal drama that prompted the poem of my last post. Blogging has been a refuge for me over recent months, but sometimes we need to step outside our sanctuary and deal with our challenges head on. That's what I've been doing.
(You know, just writing that last paragraph, it suddenly feels so good to be back!)

Over at 21 Secrets Tamara LaPorte's lesson on Collage, Paint and Soul (now also available as an individual course by Tam if you're not part of 21 Secrets) demonstrates how to paint over a collaged image to transform it into something original and new.
That is what I hope I am doing in my life: transforming into something wonderful.
This is what it looked like on paper:

Before:
After:
The words on the side read: You are a Jewel of Creation
The words on her neck read: Don't forget to sparkle.
In the original painting the jewels of her necklace do sparkle.
It is to remind me of how I am made and therefore what I can be.
I hope you know these things about yourself too.

Louise

5 comments:

  1. i like this post and the arty part,bravo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your art from Tam's class! I will look into the separte course for this. Welcome back!!! Hugs, Jessi xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Transforming into something wonderful sounds very exciting.. I love what you have done with your collage and the words that you used to express yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems that many people are going through transformations now. I really liked seeing the process of your collage. It's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that you are back. I hope everything works out ok for you! Hang in there. This I know that things always get better. Even when you think you are in the darkest of darks. The light always seems to come back.

    ReplyDelete