Slow down, breathe easy, make a poem of your life. Don't let life rush by; reflect. Look for beauty and rejuvenate your soul.

Thursday 18 November 2010

Heart of Darkness

Yesterday was a dark day for me and I wanted to paint with black. So I decided to experiment further along the background route I began a few days ago and this is the result:


Needed to add a little colour to the black, then I found this old eclipse photograph which I turned round and discovered it looked a little like a heart, so suddenly I had my wording and the painting came together. Suddenly the darkness seemed to have something bright at its centre. Hope where I had expected to find only bleakness. Psychologically interesting.

Today I'm back to working on bigger projects, but until we next meet, here's a droplet poem for you:

Upon your absence

O my sweet, sweet love have you
fallen from the edge of the earth
as you searched wide for me?
Or have you in madness
just fallen for somebody new?

Louise

3 comments:

  1. An Artist and Poet! A girl after my own heart - thank you so much for your sweet comment yesterday: I love your fairy-tale concept, that made me smile! Really looking forward to taking Willowing's fairy tale class later in next year if I can - they have always intrigued me . . .
    Beautiful work here - I love your Eve and Dragon's breath poem especially! I will be back as I am now a "follower!" xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great piece, I love how the light shines through the darkness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Louise - So beautiful! The words and the art!!!

    ReplyDelete