Slow down, breathe easy, make a poem of your life. Don't let life rush by; reflect. Look for beauty and rejuvenate your soul.

Tuesday 16 November 2010

Messy Art Is Great!

I've missed a few days posting, but have been busy with art and general creativeness, so it's time for a catch up. I'm not displaying a piece for every day I've missed - some of my work is still in progress (isn't that great!), but here's what I've got so far:

I said, having painted Eve last week, that I needed to learn how to paint backgrounds. Well I got down and messy and loved it - threw the paint on, didn't panic when I wasn't happy, just threw on more until I was. This is what turned out:

I overcame two lifelong aversions: tearing up books and losing control. It felt great!

I've found that it's ok to mess up photos too. It's exciting to be going mixed media too:

I'm 20 years older and greyer than this photo, but who cares - it's how you feel inside that counts, isn't girls?!

And finally a little poem droplet:

Dragon's Breath

If I could breathe the fire of dragons
I would not need to catch my breath
At the thought of you.

Louise X

4 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite ways to paint, just throw the paint and see what happens! I love the pieces you are creating here. And I always like poems with dragons in them. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! You've been busy! Can't wait to see what else you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, I love that background!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right! Messy art is great! I love doing the digital art that I am doing for AEDM, but nothing beats actually getting in there with the media and getting my hands dirty and paint all over. I am a very messy traditional media artist! What fun.

    ReplyDelete